EGR DELETE / EGR BYPASS
The EGR valve (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) is an emission control device that reduces NOx emissions to help towards the Euro Emission Regulations. GST Motorsport EGR Delete and EGR bypass software remove the functionality of the EGR valve to solve the running issues associated with these devices.
HOW DO EGR VALVES WORK?
- The EGR Valve creates a loopback from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold to recirculate burnt gases.
- The EGR valve is controlled by a solenoid which is operated by the ECU.
- The ECU operates the solenoid by using a duty request cycle to open the valve and recirculate the burnt gases.
- The Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor records the amount of additional gas, which feeds back to the ECU as a control measure.
EGR VALVE PROBLEMS
As the EGR valve is constantly working with burnt exhaust gases, they naturally have high soot content. This soot causes a build-up of carbon deposits around the valve operation area, causing the valve to stick in various positions.
For full engine performance, the EGR valve is closed, creating a closed-loop environment for the turbo system, allowing it to pressurise.
A problematic EGR can create an open-loop environment for the turbo as it provides feedback straight to the intake manifold and, as a result, can cause boost issues and reductions in power and fuel economy.
BENEFITS OF EGR REMOVAL - EGR DELETE
- Restored Engine Power
- Restored MPG
- Cleaner emissions compared to faulty EGRs, which create much higher soot deposits
- Can prevent DPF failure as the soot is caught in the DPF trap
- Can prevent EGR replacement which can cost thousands of Rands
EGR Delete software can save you money in repairs and in fuel costs. (COMPANY NAME) are at the forefront of EGR Removal and EGR Bypass software and can correctly remove the functionality from the software of most ECU types.
Simply turning off the codes associated with the ECU being unplugged is not the best method. The EGR valve must be disabled to ensure it is not trying to recirculate exhausts gases, while still physically working in the engine.
IS EGR REMOVAL LEGAL?
Please note that we only offer EGR solutions for Off-Road Usage. It is not illegal to remove the EGR from your vehicle, but it is an offence under the Road vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations to use a modified vehicle that no longer complies with the air pollutant emissions standards. Removal of the EGR will almost invariably contravene these requirements.
How to book for your EGR Delete with GST MOTORSPORT
To get more information on your particular vehicle, visit our Contact Us page and send through an enquiry, or contact us today on 071 878 7992 to speak with us directly.